The invisible crown on your head has nothing on the crowns on your teeth. When you meet someone new the first thing that they will notice about you is your smile. The first thing that they will notice about your smile is your teeth so, understandably you want them to look perfect. Or at least look like standard pearly whites.
When you have damaged or missing teeth they can be a pain for you and hurtful to your overall image – dental crowns are your best option. Any dentist in Kanata would be happy to help you improve the health of your mouth to see you smile again. The following are five things you should know before you get dental crowns:
1. Dental crowns are exactly what they sound like, they’re little caps for your teeth that cover any damage and rest above the gum line. Dentists in Kanata see cases for dental crowns everyday – it’s quite a routine procedure.
2. Dental crowns mean that your tooth does not need to be extracted; no surgery, no lasers – it’s just a cap. The material fits snugly on top of your tooth and keeps it from further harm.
3. Do not confuse them with composite fillings, crowns do not fill in the tooth but cap it. It’s a much less invasive procedure to put in dental crowns than it is to fill a tooth or have a root canal. Caps are not inlays or onlays either since those only fill in or cover part of the tooth.
4. Dentists in Kanata can create crowns out of a variety of materials. Popular choices include porcelain or ceramic. Other materials such as gold alloy or a combination of both gold and ceramic may also be used at the discretion of the client and the dentist.
5. Aside from rebuilding damaged teeth dental crowns are used to rebuild decayed or broken teeth and strengthen weakened teeth. They are also a factor in cosmetic enhancements and keep all of your teeth looking uniform. Get a smile fit for a star with a dental crown from one of the fine dentists in Kanata.
Dental crowns can solve any number of minor and major teeth defects so don’t delay – any dentist in Kanata would be happy to fit you with a crown that makes your smile wider, whiter, and brighter. Let the dentists in Kanata help you put your best face forward; it all starts with a brilliantly beautiful smile.